Peveril Peak – 10-12 hrs NE ridge grade II 5.6
Peveril peak is a rugged looking peak on the way to Maccarib pass in the Tonquin Valley. We access the trail by driving up the Marmot Basin ski hill road (30 min drive from Jasper townsite). Roughly 1.5 hrs up the trail is the base of the ridgeline. The climbing is on quartzite (my favorite type of rock for climbing) and generally no harder than 5.5. Short pitches of technical climbing interspersed with scrambling gain an airy summit overlooking some of the most spectacular mountain scenery around. The descent is mostly a walk/scramble back to the trail.
Equipment list for alpine rock climbing
- Daypack large enough for spare clothing, lunch, climbing equipment
- Lunch and water
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (long pants help protect the knees while climbing)
- Lightweight mountaineering boots. We will be climbing in mountaineering boots rather than rock shoes.
- Collapsible trekking pole
- I can provide a harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
See Pricing & Booking.