Cadot Crack – 12-15hrs Cadot Crack 15 pitches 5.7
This is one of the longest multi pitch rock routes in Jasper. 15 pitches of technical climbing with sections of scrambling mixed in. A classic test piece! Cadot crack is a climb in the Queen Elizabeth Range overlooking Medicine Lake. A 30 minute drive from the town of Jasper gets us to where we park. From here follow a faint goat trail up steep slopes and past a small cliff band to the base of the route (about 1hr). A small overhang on pitch 2 provides the crux of the route, but don’t be fooled. 15 pitches of technical rock mostly in the 5.6/5.7 range will leave you gasping for air by the top. Previously multi pitch climbing experience is recommended. We will be carrying back packs while we climb this one.
Equipment list for day rock climbing
- Daypack large enough for spare clothing, lunch, climbing equipment
- Lunch and water
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (long pants help protect the knees while climbing)
- Lightweight hiking boots
- Collapsible trekking pole
- I can provide rock shoes, harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
- You will need to pick up rock shoes from Gravity Gear the day before the climb
See Pricing & Booking.