Bedson Ridge – 8-11 hrs Return to Splendor 7 pitches 5.8
The best multi pitch rock climbing in Jasper. Impeccable limestone with striking corner features 200m off the deck. Wow! Getting there is a worthy adventure in it’s own right. Previous multi pitch climbing experience is recommended. Bedson Ridge is close to the road yet made remote by the river. Access is either by crossing the Athabasca river by boat from an access point 30 minutes drive from the town of Jasper or by dirt roads accessed from the town of Brule 1.5 hrs drive from the town of Jasper. Once across the river the railroad track is followed for a short distance to faint goat trails that lead to the base of the cliff. The steep climbing on generally big holds will speak for itself.
Equipment list for day rock climbing
- Daypack large enough for spare clothing, lunch, climbing equipment
- Lunch and water
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (long pants help protect the knees while climbing)
- Lightweight hiking boots
- Collapsible trekking pole
- I can provide rock shoes, harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
- You will need to pick up rock shoes from Gravity Gear the day before the climb
See Pricing & Booking.