Ashlar Ridge – 9-12hrs Cave route 11 pitches 5.8
Ashlar ridge is a stunning cliff that everyone drives past on their way to the Miette Hot Springs. It’s hard not to stop and stare at this incredible rock feature from the viewpoint on the road. This is a true climbing adventure. It takes about 45 minutes to drive to the parking area from the town of Jasper. We must ford the Fiddle river and hike up steep slopes off trail to the cliff. The approach takes about 1.5 hours. The climbing route is relatively sustained at the 5.7 / 5.8 grade throughout. This is a steep cliff with spectacular positions. Prior multi pitch climbing experience is necessary.
Equipment list for day rock climbing
- Daypack large enough for spare clothing, lunch, climbing equipment
- Lunch and water
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (long pants help protect the knees while climbing)
- Lightweight hiking boots
- Collapsible trekking pole
- Neoprene socks and sandals for the river crossing.
- I can provide rock shoes, harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
- You will need to pick up rock shoes from Gravity Gear the day before the climb
See Pricing & Booking.