BS Canyon Climbs
BS Canyon is a great family trip or an introduction to ice climbing. This stunning canyon rivals that of Maligne canyon without the crowds. At times 40m rock walls rise on either side of you a mere 2m apart. The canyon is broken into sections. It starts off with small steps of ice that gain a large amphitheater. This lower part of the canyon is a perfect family adventure ages 6 and up. From this amphitheater there are several sections of low angle ice climbing that reach the top of the first canyon. This is a perfect introduction to ice climbing. And for those more adventurous a second canyon can be entered by walking up the creekbed a further 30-45min. The upper canyon has stunningly beautiful rock formations and this is where the canyon is at it’s narrowest.
Equipment list for ice climbing
- Daypack large enough for spare clothing, lunch, climbing equipment
- Lunch and water
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are an absolute must
- Gore-Tex style pants and Jacket
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Wool hat and 2 pairs of gloves (It’s easy for 1 pair to get wet)
- I can provide rock shoes, harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
- You may need to pick up mountaineering boots, crampons, and ice tools from Gravity Gear the day before for the upper portions of BS Canyon
See Pricing & Booking.