Proposal Peak – 9-11hrs NW ridge grade II 5.6
Proposal peak is a relatively short alpine rock route on limestone at the South end of Medicine lake. A half hour drive from the town of Jasper gets us to the parking area. From here we must hike up steep treed slopes (off trail) to the base of the ridge. There are 7 short pitches of technical rock climbing up to 5.6. This gets us half way to the summit. Short pitches of scrambling intermixed with ridge walking gains the summit towers. 4 separate exposed towers each about 20m tall gains a beautiful summit with views from Mt Robson to the Columbia Icefields. The descent down the East ridge requires some scrambling and the odd rappel. A great introduction to the Alpine world!
Equipment list for day rock climbing
- Daypack large enough for spare clothing, lunch, climbing equipment
- Lunch and water
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (long pants help protect the knees while climbing)
- Lightweight hiking boots (above the ankle)
- Collapsible trekking pole
- I can provide rock shoes, harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
- You will need to pick up rock shoes from Gravity Gear the day before the climb
See Pricing & Booking.