Mt Colin – 2 or 3 – Colin traverse grade III 5.6
Another Jasper classic that takes us to the Colin hut. A quaint little alpine club hut built for climbers. The hike into the hut itself is a 3-5 hour journey. From the hut the climbs up the face go up a marathon of rock (19 pitches of 5.4 to 5.7 of continuous climbing take us directly to the summit!). Alternatively the Colin traverse follows a sharp and exposed ridge line with sections of scrambling and short pitches of up to 5.6 technical climbing.
Equipment list for overnight alpine rock climbing
- Overnight pack large enough for spare clothing, 3 days food, climbing equipment, sleeping bag, and toiletries.
- 3 days of food (inquire about catered trips.)
- Sleeping bag good to -5 Celsius.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (long pants help protect the knees while climbing)
- Lightweight mountaineering boots.
- Collapsible trekking pole
- I can provide rock shoes, harness, helmet and all technical climbing equipment
- You will need to pick up rock shoes from Gravity Gear the day before the trip.
See Pricing & Booking.